Banana Nut Cake
|Yellow cake mix||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bananas||2 Medium, mashed|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Grease and dust a 2-quart cake tin or mold with the butter and flour. Keep aside.
2. In a slow-cooker or crock pot, place a metal stand or rack.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, baking soda and mix well.
4. Add eggs, water and mashed banana to the bowl.
5. Whisk with a wire whisk or electric beater for about 4 to 5 minutes until well blended.
6. Fold the nuts into the cake batter.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
8. Cover the tin with wax paper or with 5 paper towels and tie at the rim with spring.
9. Place the cake tin on the rack in the pot.
10. Cover pot with lid.
11. Bake the bread on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you have ample of time, on LOW for about 6 hours or until springy to touch. Insert a skewer and see if it comes out clean.
12. When done, remove mold from pot.
13. Rest for 15 minutes to cool.
14. Turn out and let cool on a wire rack.
15. Slice and serve for with tea or coffee.