Pineapple Rum Upside Down Cake
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs) (6 Tablespoons Or 3/4 Stick + 1 Cup Or 2 Sticks, At Room Temperature)|
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh pineapple slices||6 , halved crosswise (1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla ice cream/Banana rum ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch flameproof baking dish, place 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup rum over a stove on low heat.
3) Arrange the pineapple slices over the melted butter mixture and keep aside.
4) In a mixing bowl, cream 1 cup butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer.
5) Gradually add the eggs, mix well, then, stir in the vanilla.
6) In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
7) Gradually stir into the batter, mix well and stir in 1/4 cup rum.
8) Spread the batter evenly over the pineapple slices and smoothen it with a spatula.
9) Bake in the preheatedoven for about 35 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes, then invert on a serving plate.
10) Slice and serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop or two of ice cream.