Coconut Ice Cream Cake
|Orange chiffon cake mix||1 (1 Package)|
|Strawberry icecream||2 Pint|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|10x confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon, powdered|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop (A Few Drops)|
|Flaked coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (From A Can Of 3 1/4 Ounces)|
1) As per the directions on the label, make and bake the cake mix in a 10-inch tube pan. Allow to cool. Remove the cake from the pan. Rinse the pan.
2) Cut the cake crosswise into 3 layers and put the top layer back in the pan. Keep the middle layer aside to use for another dessert or as a snack-time eat.
3) Over the cake in the pan, spoon the ice cream in an even layer. Place the remaining cake layer on the top and cover the pan with foil. Freeze for 24 hours or till the preparation is very firm.
4) About 2 hours before serving, beat together the vanilla, 10X confectioners’ sugar and cream in a small bowl.
5) Fold in some drops of the red food coloring to tint the cake pink.
6) Onto a chilled serving plate, unmold the cake and use whipped cream to frost. Sprinkle the top and side with coconut. Put the cake in the freezer.
7) Serve chilled after slicing the cake into wedges with a sharp long-blade knife.