Coffee Walnut Cake
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Self-rising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coffee extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Walnut halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take two 7-inch straight-sided layer cake pans, butter them and line the bottoms with buttered waxed paper.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit.
3. In a bowl, put the margarine, sugar, eggs, chopped walnuts, and coffee extract.
4. Sift in the flour with the salt and baking powder.
5. Beat these ingredients with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes or until well combined.
6. Take the prepared pans, divide the mixture between them, and level the surface.
7. In the pre-heated oven, bake in the center at 325 degree fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes, or until the cakes are well risen and spongy to the touch.
8. To make the filling, take a bowl and beat the margarine, sifted confectioners' sugar, milk, and coffee extract until smooth.
9. Turn the baked cakes out on a wire rack to cool before removing the lining paper.
10. Put with two-thirds of the filling on one cake, put the other cake on it, and top with the remaining filling.
11. Mark the surface with the prongs of a fork in a decorative pattern.
12. Place the chopped walnuts on top of the cake and serve.