Dairy Free Orange Chiffon Cake
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Confectioner sugar||1 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy.
3) Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar then beat until stiff peaks are formed and keep aside.
4) In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks at a high speed for about 3 minutes until pale and thick.
5) Then gradually beat in rest of the 1 cup sugar, until smooth.
6) Mix the flour and salt together, stir into the yolk mixture alternately with the orange juice.
7) Finish with the flour mixture, then blend in the peel.
8) Fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
9) In an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, pour the batter.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
11) Allow to cool down, then sift over the confectioners' sugar.
12) Slice and serve on the individual serving plates.