Chocolate Cherry Shortcake
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Nonfat dry milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sweet 'n low sweetener packets||3 Gram (1 Gram Per Packet, Sugar Substitute)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange flavored liqueur/Almond flavored liqueur||1 Tablespoon|
|Pitted dark sweet cherries||12 Ounce (Use Fresh, Frozen Or Canned)|
|7 inch angel food cake loaf||1 , cut crosswise into 8 equal slices|
|Light frozen nondairy whipped topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a small bowl dissolve dry milk in water. Place it aside.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan add sugar, sugar substitute, cocoa powder and cornstarch to combine by frequent stirring.
3) Pour in milk.
4) Place over medium-low heat to cook by stirring until mixture begins to boil.
5) Reduce heat to low and allow simmering by stirring for 6 or 7 minutes more, or until slightly thickened.
6) Remove the saucepan from heat.
7) Add vanilla, margarine or butter and liqueur, if desired. Stir to combine all of them by melting the butter.
8) Fold in cherries.
9) Cover with plastic wrap and set to cool at room temperature.
10) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
11) Serve the chocolate-cherry mixture over cake slices by topping with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.