Applesauce Cake Roll
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
|Sweetened applesauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cloves powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioner' s sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven at 375°F.
2. Grease and line a 10x15x1 inch pan with waxed paper.
3. Beat eggs until very thick and lemon-colored.
4. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup of the sugar and beat well.
5. Add applesauce.
6. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt
cinnamon and clove powder.
7. Fold gently into egg mixture.
8. Add raisins.
9. Pour batter in pan.
10. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
11. Turn out on brown paper dusted with confectioners' sugar.
12. Remove pan and paper from cake.
13. Trim off any hard edges.
14. Roll up like a jelly roll in the paper, set aside to cool.
15. Blend together cream cheese, milk, orange rind and remaining
16. Unroll cake.
17. Spread cheese mixture on cake and reroll.
18. Sprinkle top with confectioners' sugar. Slice and serve.