1. Take the butter to beat in a medium bowl until it have a soft and smooth consistency.
2. Put the 2 cups of powdered sugar into the butter and blend thoroughly. Add half of the milk and vanilla and blend for some more time.
3. Now add the remaining sugar and milk and again blend thoroughly. Scrape down the side of the bowl with a spatula.
4. Save half of the frosting in a separate bowl and in the remaining part mix few drops of natural food color. Blend well until you get the desired color.
5. Ice the cake with the frosting. Insert few toothpicks on the cake and lightly cover the frosted cake with a plastic wrap over the toothpicks.
For more information please visit: http://www.idontcallmemartha.blogspot.com