1. Take the butter to beat in a medium bowl until it have a soft and smooth consistency.
2. Put the 2 cups of powdered sugar into the butter and blend thoroughly. Add half of the milk and vanilla and blend for some more time.
3. Now add the remaining sugar and milk and again blend thoroughly. Scrape down the side of the bowl with a spatula.
4. Save half of the frosting in a separate bowl and in the remaining part mix few drops of natural food color. Blend well until you get the desired color.
5. Ice the cake with the frosting. Insert few toothpicks on the cake and lightly cover the frosted cake with a plastic wrap over the toothpicks.
For more information please visit: http://www.idontcallmemartha.blogspot.com
Serving size Per servingComplete recipe
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.2 mg11.1%
Sodium 5.5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 73.7 g
Protein 0.43 g0.86%
Vitamin A 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet