Candy Filled Coffee Cake
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant non fat dry milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sifted|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Strawberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take 1/4 cup lukewarm and dissolve yeast in it.
3) Lightly grease a baking dish.
4) Take a bowl and combine in it sugar, butter, salt, milk powder, 3/4 cup water, 2 cups flour, yeast mixture and egg.
5) Gradually add remaining flour.
6) Place mixture on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
7) Place in a greased bowl and cover.
8) Let rise until double in bulk.
9) Punch down and divide into 3 parts.
10) Cover and let stand for about 10 minutes.
11) Roll out each part into a 15 x 6-inch rectangle.
12) Make 2 inch cuts at 1 inch intervals from the outer edges of the 15 inch side.
13) Take a bowl and combine in it dates, preserves and walnuts. Spread 1/3 of mixture down the center of each rectangle.
14) Fold the strips from each side alternatively over filling.
15) Place in the baking dish.
16) Cover and let rise until double in bulk.
17) Bake for about 15 minutes.
18) Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.