Lemon Sponge Roll
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce (2/3 Cup)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
1. Take a 13 x 10-inch Swiss roll tin and grease it with a greased greaseproof paper.
2. Preheat the oven at 375°F.
3. Sprinkle coaster sugar on a clean tea towel.
4. Use electric or rotary beater to whisk egg whites till the peaks form.
5. Add sugar and beat to get a thick and glossy mixture.
6. Stir in lemon rind and egg yolks completely at once.
7. Pour the flour thrice and mix with the egg mixture. Quickly and lightly fold in hot water.
8. Take a prepared tin and immediately pour mixture evenly.
9. Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until centre acts as a spring when lightly touched.
10. Take out the cake from the oven and place on the sugar sprinkled towel.
11. Peel the paper and trim off the edges of the cake using a knife.
12. Roll up in the towel. Whip cream until stiff and add lemon cheese, sugar to taste.
13. Unroll the cooled sponge. Spread cream on the top of the cake and roll up.
14. Sprinkle icing sugar on the top and slice the cake.
15. Serve immediately.