Date And Walnut Cake
|Boiling water||300 Milliliter|
|Dates||225 Gram, chopped|
|Soda bicarbonate||5 Milliliter|
|Caster sugar||225 Gram|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Plain flour||275 Gram|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter|
|Walnuts||50 Gram, chopped|
|For the topping|
|Brown sugar||65 Gram|
|Walnut halves||3 Tablespoon|
1) Grease a square tin of 9-inches and then line it with greased greaseproof paper.
2) In a bowl, put the water, dates and bicarbonate of soda and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
3) Cream together the sugar and butter till the mixture is soft and then stir in the egg along with the water and the dates.
4) With the baking powder and salt, sieve the flour and fold the mixture into the walnuts.
5) Turn the mixture into the tin and smoothen the top.
6) In a moderate oven, bake for 60 minutes.
7) Turn out and allow to cool on a wire rack.
8) In a pan, place all the topping ingredients, except for the walnuts and boil for 3 minutes. Spread the mixture all over the cake and garnish with walnut halves. Keep aside to set.
9) To freeze the cake, wrap it in a double thickness of foil, seal, label and place in the freezer.
10) Unwrap, thaw for about 6 hours at room temperature and serve as preferred.