Dairy Free Sponge Cake
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon, rind||2 Teaspoon, grated (lemon)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a small bowl, sift the 1 cup sugar, salt, flour and baking powder.
3) In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together until thick.
4) Gradually beat in1/2 cup sugar until the mixture is stiff.
5) In a small bowl, add the grated rind, egg yolks, water, vanilla and lemon juice together.
6) Beat into the dry mixture for about 1 minute.
7) Gently fold into the egg whites, blend well.
8) In an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, pour the mixture.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
10) Invert the pan and allow to cool for 1 hour then remove from the pan.
11) Slice and serve on the individual serving plates.