Strawberry Cream Sponge Cake
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Strawberry jam||4 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Take two 7 inch diameter straight-sided cake pans, grease thoroughly with butter and dust using a flour-sugar mixture.
3. Take a bowl and sieve in flour along with salt twice into it.
4. Take a deep mixing bowl, place on a pan containing hot water. Add broken eggs into the bowl, mix in sugar and whisk thoroughly to turn into pale and thick mixture, which when falls on a surface forms a dissolving ribbon.
5. Gradually fold in sifted flour-salt mixture.
6. Halve the mixture and arrange in the pans. Arrange the scraps onto the pan sides.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or till cakes turn slightly brown and is springy when touched.
8. Take out the cake and using a metal spatula, trim the edges. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool well.
9. Spread a thin layer of jam on one of the cake and whipped cream on the other.
10. Place the jam-spread cake on the cream-spread cake with jam side facing cream-side. Press gently. Dust using sifted confectioners' sugar.
11. Place in the refrigerator till served.
12. Slice and serve with vanilla/butterscotch ice cream.