Easy Walnut Cake
|2 layer size yellow cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Beer||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Orange beer filling/Lemon-beer filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 350°F
2) Follow package directions as it is to mix cake batter but substitute beer for all or part of the water.
3) Add walnuts.
4) Grease 2 waxed-paper-lined 9-inch round layer cake pan and pour batter into it.
5) Bake for 30 minutes till an inserted wooden pick at the center comes out clean.
6) Let stand in pans for 10 minutes.
7) Put on wire racks.
8) Cool before filling and frosting.
9) Serve cold.
To make Orange-Beer Filling, keep 1/2 cup beer aside for filling and use 1 cup in cake. To make Lemon-Beer Filling, keep 3 cup beer for filling aside and use 3/4 cup in cake.
If you do not desire to make beer-flavored filling, substitute beer for all of the water in cake.