Fruit Cake Unbleached White Flour
|Shelled brazil nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Walnut pieces||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped candied orange peel||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chopped candied lemon peel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Candied pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw sugar/1/2 cup honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 300°.
2) Use a 10 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan or 2 1-lb. coffee cans to grease bottom and sides and to line with oiled paper.
3) In large bowl, place Brazil nuts, walnuts, dates, orange and lemon peel, raisins, and pineapple.
4) In a sifter, add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt by measuring.
5) Fold in nuts and fruit, mix all together.
6) In another bowl, lightly beat eggs by adding vanilla.
7) Combine the egg mixture into the nut mixture.
Beat eggs until light, add vanilla and honey, if using. Blend the egg mixture into nut mixture to prepare stiff batter.
8) Use the prepared pan to spoon into batter.
9) Place inside oven and bake for 3 1/2 hours (in coffee cans, 1 3/4 hours).
10) Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, before turning out.
11) Use your favorite topping or spread to garnish the cake, before serving.
Calories 1093 Calories from Fat 577
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.4%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 285.7 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.1%
Sugars 78.4 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 30.8%
Calcium 22% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet