Venus Dream Cake
|Margarine||1 Teaspoon (To Grease Tin)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce, sifted (100 Gram)|
|Hot water||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Canned pineapple rings||14 Ounce, drained and halved, reserving the juice (394 Gram)|
|Sherry||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon, Sweet Or Medium-Sweet)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (275 Milliliter)|
|Kiwifruit||2 , peeled and sliced neatly|
1) Preheat the oven to 425 Deg F (220 Deg C/Gas 7), well grease and line a 11 x 7 inch Swiss roll tin.
3) In a bowl placed in a pan of gently simmering water, beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture thickens; turn off the heat,
gently stir in the flour and hot water, blend well.
4) Pour into the baking tin and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 min until firm and golden,
cool on a wire rack; cut the cake in half, lengthways.
5) Blend well the juice from the pineapple can and the sherry, and pour over the cake halves..
6) Stiffly whip the cream, reserve
3 tbsp and put the remaining in a piping bag with a star nozzle;
pipe ribbons of cream on to the cake and over the cream put a layer of pineapple ring halves.
7) Place the other half cake gently over it, layer with the reserved cream; place pineapple halves along the middle, and lay a slice of kiwifruit in between each pineapple, pipe shells along the edges of the cake and place grape halves.
8) Serve on a nice dish.