Baba Au Rum
|Flour||150 Gram, sifted|
|Castor sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Warm milk||150 Milliliter|
|Blackcurrants||60 Gram, washed|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Vanilla essence||4 Drop|
1. Sift flour along with salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. In another bowl, whip yeast with about 1 tsp of the measured sugar till frothy.
3. Include eggs and mix till they blend properly.
4. Blend in some warm milk.
5. Allow the mixture to stand for 2-3 minutes.
6. Mix well and add some flour.
7. Beat dough for approximately 5 minutes.
8. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside for 1 hour in a warm place till it has risen to double in volume.
9. Prepare baba moulds by greasing them with butter and dusting them with flour
10. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
11. In a bowl cream butter till it becomes soft and light.
12. Include remaining sugar and beat again for about 5 minutes then beat creamed mixture into dough
13. Sprinkle in blackcurrants and fold well.
14. Spoon batter into prepared moulds filling them half full.
15. Set aside for 15-30 minutes to rise over the rim of the moulds
16. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes until cooked through and spongy to tough
18. Remove babas from the oven and allow them to cool a little in their moulds.
19. In the mean time combine sugar and water in a pan and boil over low heat, stirring till sugar has dissolves.
21. Raise heat to high and boil for 5 minutes to form syrup
22. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla essence and rum.
23. Prick babas all over with a skewer while still warm and pour hot syrup over them.
24. Keep basting with syrup till it is used up.
25. Turn out and serve warm with whipped cream.