Rhubarb Coffee Cake
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl cream in butter and sugar and then beat after adding egg.
3. Using a sieve, sift the dry ingredients and then mix with milk adding it alternately.
4. To it mix in rhubarb and vanilla gently.
5. Take a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, pour it, sprinkle top with 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and let it bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
6. For making the milk sour, add 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup milk.
7. Serve the cake with coffee or tea. Ideal for tea and kitty parties