Streusel Filled Coffee Cake
|Butter/Margarine||4 Teaspoon, softened|
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), firmly packed|
|Vanilla extract||2 Drop|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Dash|
|Pecans||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Make Filling: In small bowl, with wooden spoon, mix 4 teaspoons butter, the brown sugar and egg yolk. Stir in milk, vanilla and lemon peel; blend in ground pecans.
2. Make loaf: Lightly grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
3. Roll dough into a 12-by-9-inch rectangle. Brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Spread with pecan filling.
4. Cut crosswise into 3 strips, 4 inches wide. Roll each, from long side.
5. Place rolls, seam side down, side by side in prepared loaf pan. Brush with remaining melted butter. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place (85°F), free from drafts, until double in bulk—about 1 hour.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
7. For Topping, sprinkle loaf with mixed granulated sugar and cinnamon. Cover the loaf with chopped pecans.
8. Bake loaf 35 minutes, or until it is golden-brown and sounds hollow when rapped with knuckle. Remove from pan at once; let cool slightly on wire rack. Then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm.