Cherry Chocolate Cake
|Chocolate square||2 Ounce|
|Maraschino cherries||6 Ounce|
|Walnuts/Pecans||3 Ounce, broken|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Thick cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Reserved maraschino cherry syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Prepare two 9-in. round layer cake pans.
2 Melt chocolate and set aside.
3. Drain (reserving syrup) contents of maraschino cherries.
4 Finely chop cherries and set aside.
5 Coarsely chop black walnuts or pecans and set aside.
6. Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
and set aside.
7 Cream butter or margarine until softened.
8. Add sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy after each addition.
9. Add egg beating thoroughly.
10. Stir in chocolate.
11 Combine sour cream and maraschino cherry syrup.
12 Alternately add dry ingredients in fourths, sour cream mixture in thirds, to creamed mixture. After each addition, beat only until smooth. Finally, beat only until batter is smooth (do not overbeat). Blend in the chopped nuts and cherries.
13. Turn barter into pans.
14. Bake at 375°F 30 to 35 min. or until cake tests done. Cool
and remove from pans.
Calories 881 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.5 mg38.8%
Sodium 500 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 83.4 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 0.81%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet