Chocolate Pecan Cake
|Pecan||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Semisweet chocolate square||1 Ounce, grated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven hot to 350 degrees.
2) Shred orange zest avoiding the white pith.
3) Using a food processor or nut grinder, grind pecans finely to measure 3/4 cup.
4) Grate chocolate coarsely.
5) Divide 4 egg yolks from white, placing yolks in large mixing bowl and whites in medium-size bowl.
6) Mix remaining whole egg and 1/4 cup sugar to yolks and beat with an electric mixer at high speed for about 10 minutes till thick.
7) Beat egg whites until frothy and gently add remaining sugar. Beat till whites form soft peaks. Keep aside.
8) Mix grated chocolate, cocoa, ground pecans, almond extract, orange zest, and cardamom to the yolk mixture and blend.
9) Fold whites into yolk mixture.
10) Transfer into a buttered and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 x 3-inch loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
11) Keep in pan to cool and turn out onto rack.
12) Serve cold.