|Castor sugar||450 Gram|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried apricots||500 Gram|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Walnuts||5 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. line baking trays with .
2. Line 2 baking trays with butter paper and draw 8-inch circle on the paper on each baking tray.
3. Prepare meringue mixture with egg whites, 450 gms sugar, salt and lime juice.
4. Spoon meringue mixture into a piping bag fitted with a medium-sized plain nozzle, and pipe meringues in concentric circles inside circles drawn on baking tray to form 2 discs.
5. Sprinkle discs with 2 tbsp sugar.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour till stiff and firm.
7. Remove paper from the back of meringues carefully.
8. For filling: Stew apricots with whole spices in just enough water to cover.
9. Drain, cool and discard spices.
10. Remove seeds from apricots and discard.
11. Puree apricots and press through a strainer.
12. Stir in lime juice, brandy and salt.
13. Fold in whipped cream.
14. Taste and add a little sugar and some more brandy if required.
15. For Decoration: Soak apricots in just enough water to cover for 30 minutes.
16. Drain and reserve liquid.
17. Cut apricots along their natural groove, a little more than halfway around.
18. Carefully remove stones and discard.
19. Stew apricots in reserved soaking liquid for about 5 minutes.
20. Drain and set aside.
21. To serve: Spread a little filling in the centre of a serving platter and fix a meringue disc over it.
22. Spoon filling on to meringue and cover with second meringue.
23. Cover top and sides of meringues with cream.
24. Pipe 10 rosettes of whipped cream around edges of meringue, using a star-shaped nozzle.
25. Place a stewed apricot on each rosette.
26. Press chopped walnuts into the cream on the sides of gateau and serve.