|Castor sugar||370 Gram|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain chocolate||140 Gram, grated|
|Icing sugar||175 Gram|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched peeled, slivered and toasted|
|Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Line the baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Draw an 8" circle on the paper on each baking tray.
3. In a large clean and dry bowl,prepare meringue mixture by beating egg whites, 350 gms sugar, salt and lime juice until stiff.
4. Spoon meringue mixture into a piping bag which is fitted with a medium-sized, plain nozzle.
5. Pipe meringue in concentric circles inside circles drawn on baking trays so as to form 2 discs.
6. Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar on both the disc.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour till it becomes stiff and firm.
8. Remove paper from the back of meringues carefully. In case the paper sticks to meringue, dampen it slightly with water, wait for a few moments and then peel it off.
9. Place meringues on a wire rack to cool.
10. Prepare the filling by beating all the ingredients together into a smooth cream.
11. Spoon into the meringues.
12. Garnish the meringues with roasted and slivered almonds and dust with icing sugar.