|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||5 Small, beaten|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooked prunes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooled, pitted and cut into quarters|
|Nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a bowl and add sugar, vanilla, eggs, and oil.
3. Blend flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl.
4. Combine the flour mixture and egg mixture by stirring them with hand.
5. Stir in prunes and buttermilk and blend it using hand.
6. Fold in nuts and combine it well.
7. Spoon it over greased and floured 12-cup baking pan.
8. Bake for an hour at 350°F until the toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out dry.
9. When done take out from oven and glaze it.
10. Prepare the glaze by melting the butter. Combine it with baking soda, sugar and buttermilk. Boil the mixture for a minute and fold in vanilla.
11. Spread the mixture over hot cake.
12. Serve it as required.
Calories 680 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.7%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.7 mg23.2%
Sodium 492.7 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 54.1 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 4% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet