|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare a 9 1/2 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4-in. loaf pan or a star-shape (about 1 1/2-qt.) mold.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and mace.
3. Set aside.
4. Cream together butter, grated lemon peel, vanilla extract, and almond extract until butter is softened.
5. Add sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy after each addition.
6. Add eggs in thirds, beating well after each addition.
7. Blend in dry ingredients in fourths. After each addition, beat only until smooth. Finally beat only until barter is smooth. (Do not overheat.) Turn barter into pan. With spatula, draw batter from center toward edges of pan.
8. Bake at 325°F hr. 10 min., or until cake tests done. Cool and remove from pan.
9. If desired, the Star Cake may be frosted with White Velvet Frosting.