Burnt Sugar Angel Food Cake
|Egg whites||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add egg whites and beat till stiff but not dry.
2) Add in the cream of tartar.
3) Slowly add in the sugar, and while beating add stir in the vanilla.
4) Sift together the flour with salt.
5) Fold into the egg white mixture.
6) Transfer into a tube pan and place in the oven.
7) Heat the oven to 325 degrees and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
8) Turnover the pan.
9) Allow to cool, then loosen the cake from the pan.
10) Slice and serve.