Topsy-Turvy Applesauce Cake
|Broken walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cinnamon candies||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Applesauce||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
1) Combine and sift together the flour, salt, soda, and spices.
2) Blend in the shortening and 1 cup sugar with an electric mixer.
3) Mix in the eggs and continue beating for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
4) Add in 1 cup of apple sauce, walnuts, and raisins.
5) Mix in the flour mixture and beat for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
6) In a saucepan, add the remaining apple sauce and boil.
7) Lower the heat and add in the candies.
8) Stir till dissolved.
9) Stir in the remaining sugar and the rest of the ingredients.
10) Transfer into a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
11) Spread the cake batter over the icing.
12) Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
13) Allow to cool.
14) After 10 minutes, invert on cake plate and remove.
15) Slice and serve, garnished with apple slices and cream.