Quick Applesauce Cake
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Granulated white sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), warm|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (walnuts)|
1. Take a small bowl and combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
2. Thereafter sift mixture.
3. Take a medium-sized mixing bowl and combine butter and sugar and beat with electric mixer at medium speed until light and creamy.
4. Put in eggs, one at a time and beat for 2 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 325°F.
6. Using a wooden spoon, add flour mixture and applesauce alternately in three stages.
7. Thereafter fold in raisins and nuts.
8. Pour mixture into ungreased ring mold
9. Cook on Combination 1 for 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Let it stand on countertop for 10 minutes before unmolding.
10. Slice into wedges and serve warm with a custard sauce if you like.