Pastel Tea Cakes
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar frosting||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2) Cream the shortening, then gradually stir in the sugar and cream together until light.
3) Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4) Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together, then beat alternately with the milk until smooth.
5) In 1 1/2 inch lined tart tins, spoon the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for about 16 minutes.
6) Allow to completely cool and frost with the sugar frosting.
7) Slice and serve in a nice plate.