|Wholemeal flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Raw cane sugar||1 Tablespoon, powdered in a grinder|
|Milk||1⁄3 Pint (200 Milliliter)|
|Strawberries||1 Pound (455 Gram)|
|Raw cane sugar||2 Tablespoon, powdered in a grinder|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint, chilled (285 Milliliter)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) Grease two flat tins of 8-inches each.
3) Into a bowl, sift the baking powder, flour and salt. Run in the butter till coarse crumbs are formed. Mix in the sugar.
4) In the center, make a well and pour in the milk. Keep mixing and kneading till a smooth dough is formed.
5) After dividing the dough into two equal parts, press it into the greased tins. Bake for about 10 minutes till the shortcakes have turned golden. Set aside to cool.
6) Slice the strawberries into half and sprinkle half the sugar all over the slices.
7) Whip the cream till it starts to stand in peaks and spread half of the cream all over one of the shortckaes. Next, pile on the sliced strawberries and then cover with the second shortcake.
8) Over the top, spread the remaining cream and garnish with whole strawberries.
9) Serve immediately.