Honey Upside Down Cake
|Butter||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For cake mixture|
|Wholemeal flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Softened butter||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Melt the butter and honey together and pour the mixture into a shallow ovenproof casserole of 10-inches.
3) Core the apples and cut them into rings of 1/2-inch.
4) For a few minutes, cook the apples on both the sides.
5) In a neat pattern, arrange the cooked apples around the base of the casserole and in the center of each apple ring, place a cherry. Put aise.
6) To prepare the cake, sift the spices, flour and baking powder into a bowl.
7) In a basin, beat together the butter and honey and once they are mixed well, add the milk and egg. Beat well once again.
8) Pour the concoction into the flour and mix till smoothened.
9) With the dough, cover the apples and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
10) Turn out the cake onto a plate, top with a sauce prepared with 1/2 cup of honey which has been melted with 4oz of butter. Serve hot or cold, as preferred.
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.6 mg24.5%
Sodium 69.6 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 35.6 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet