|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce (38 Gram)|
|Flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Custard powder||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Canned cherry pie filling||1 Pound (1 Can, 1/2 Kilogram)|
1) Take in a bowl butter and sugar and cream together and whisk till it turns fluffy.
2) Blend in flour and custard powder.
3) Knead into a smooth soft dough.
4) Take a greased baking sheet and spread the dough to a circle about 20 cm (8 in.) in diameter.
5) Prick with a fork.
6) Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C. 350°F, Gas Mark 4, for 20- 30 minutes.
7) With a knife mark into four wedges. Allow it to cool before moving to a wire rack.
8) Top with pie filling or cherry filling of your choice. You can also add some kirsch to the filling. Garnish with whipped cream.
Once its cold, wrap in a foil and freeze. Thaw at room temperature for 2 hours. Reheat unwrapped in a moderate oven, 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4, for 5 minutes.