Corn Meal and Rice Griddle Cakes
|Corn meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten until stiff|
1. In a measuring jar or a bowl, combine eggs and sour milk. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
2. Into a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, soda and salt and mix in the corn meal
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking with a wire whisk to get a smooth consistency thick batter.
4. Stir in the cooked rice.
5. Fold in the egg whites.
6. Heat a griddle and grease it with fat.
7. Ladle the batter to make pancakes and brown on one side for 3-4 minutes until golden.
8. Flip over with a pancake turner and cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side until golden
9. Pile onto a platter.
10. Serve the cakes warm with maple syrup, honey, butter or preserves if you like.