Sherry Gold Cake
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sherry butter icing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to sift together.
3) Fold in butter, shortening, flavoring, yolks and milk.
4) In a mixer, beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Alternately whip vigorously by hand (300 strokes) by frequently scraping the sides and bottom of bowl.
5) Pour in wine and beat for couple of minutes more.
6) Use a paper-lined, greased loaf pan about 9 x 5 x 2 1/2 inches to pour the batter.
7) Place inside oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
8) Allow to cool.
9) Spread Sherry Butter Icing on top before serving.