Tutti Fruity Cake
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||6 Ounce, thawed (1 Can)|
|Light molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mixed candied fruits and peels||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275 Deg F.
2) Allow the raisins, concentrate and molasses to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 min.
3) Blend in the candied fruits and keep aside.
4) Cream the butter and sugar,
beat in the eggs individually.
5) Sift the soda, flour, and spices and stir into the creamed mixture.
6) Lastly, stir in the fruit mixture and the nuts.
7) Pour the mixture into a greased and floured 8 1/2" fluted tube pan; bake in the preheated oven at 275 Deg F about for 2 -2 1/2 hrs.
8) Allow the cake to cool for 1/2 hr and remove from the pan; wrap well and refrigerate.
9) Serve on a nice dish.