|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond flavoring||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Apples||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
1) Grease a 9 x 12-inch pan.
2) In a bowl, add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup margarine and almonds.
3) Blend well till the mix resembles bread crumbs.
4) Lightly whisk the egg and add in the remaining sugar, milk, almond flavoring, and 2 tablespoons margarine.
5) Sift together the leftover flour, salt, and baking powder, then gently fold it into egg mixture.
6) Transfer to the greased pan.
7) Place the apple slices over the batter.
8) Sprinkle the almond mix over the top.
9) Place in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
10) Serve warm or cold.