Fruit Preserve Layer Cake
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Apricot Or Other)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Mix butter and granulated sugar, creaming until light.
3) Add in one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
4) Mix in orange rind and juice, beating them and then beat in sifted flour, baking powder, and salt alternately with water until smooth.
5) Take two 9-inch layer pans lined on bottom with paper; pour the mixture into them and bake for about 25 minutes in preheated oven and let cool.
6) Pour preserves on one layer and top with another layer.
7) Add confectioners' sugar on top and use as required.