Nutty Spice Cake
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seeded raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour milk/Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl, add butter and sugar to cream together.
3) Fold in egg yolks and thoroughly beat.
4) Separately combine dry ingredients and sift together.
5) Fold in nuts and raisins to dry ingredients.
6) In another bowl, combine buttermilk with soda.
7) Add the dry mixture to the first mixture by alternating with buttermilk mixture.
8) Combine thoroughly and fold in beaten egg whites.
9) Use 2 well oiled 8-inch cake pans to pour in the batter.
10) Place inside oven to bake for 20-30 minutes.
11) Allow to cool.
12) In a bowl, whip cream with brown sugar and maple flavoring.
13) Spread the whipped cream mixture on top, before serving.