Rum Pound Cake
|Eggs||8 , separated|
|Granulated sugar||750 Milliliter|
|Flour||750 Milliliter (Pastry)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C before baking.
2) Beat egg whites till they reach a soft peak stage and slowly mix in 1 cup (250 ml) sugar to form a stiff meringue.
3) Mix butter with the remaining sugar, creaming well.
4) Beat in one egg yolk at a time and add in vanilla.
5) Mix in flour alternately with one-third additions of rum.
6) Add this mixture to meringue, mixing well to a smooth batter.
7) Take a 4" x 10" (10 x 25 cm) loaf pan; pour the batter into it and cook for 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
8) Transfer the cake onto a cooling rack and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
9) Ice and decorate the cake as wished and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 10003 Calories from Fat 3984
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 453 g696.4%
Saturated Fat 270.4 g1352%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2766.9 mg922.3%
Sodium 631.7 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1327 g442.3%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81%
Sugars 756 g
Protein 132 g264.1%
Vitamin A 288.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 45.3% Iron 235.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet