Moist Chocolate Cake
|Plain chocolate||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Margarine/Butter||5 Ounce, softened (150 Gram, 10 Ml, 2 Teaspoon To Grease Tins)|
|Caster sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Eggs||3 Medium, beaten|
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce, sifted (225 Gram)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce, softened (30 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram, Plus 2 Tablespoon To Dredge Cake)|
|Cocoa powder||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Hot water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease and line 2 x 18 cm (7 in) round sandwich tins.
2. In a bowl set over a pan of simmering water melt the chocolate.
3. Cream the fat and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Into the melted chocolate stir the milk, add to the mixture and beat thoroughly.
6. Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour and salt and mix well.
7. Into the prepared tins pour and let it bake for 35-40 minutes until firm and well risen.
8. Take out of the oven and cool in the tins for 15 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. For the filling, cream the butter and icing sugar together.
10. Put in the rest of the ingredients and beat well.
11. When the cakes are cold, sandwich them together with the icing.
12. Dredge the top with the extra icing sugar.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3909 Calories from Fat 1761
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 200 g307.7%
Saturated Fat 68 g340%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 650.7 mg216.9%
Sodium 3387.1 mg141.1%
Total Carbohydrates 506 g168.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.2%
Sugars 316.9 g
Protein 48 g95.5%
Vitamin A 135.7% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 92% Iron 103.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet