Fudge Cake with Melba Topping
|Fudge cake mix||9 Ounce (1 Package, Duncan Hines, Moist Deluxe Dark Dutch)|
|Egg substitute||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Equal To 3 Eggs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Puritan oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For raspberry sauce|
|Frozen dry pack raspberries||12 Ounce, thawed, drained and juice reserved (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned sliced peaches in light syrup||29 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F , grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
2. For making the cake combine cake mix, egg substitute, water and oil in large bowl.
3. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes and pour into pan.
4. Let it bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cool completely.
5. For making the sauce in a medium saucepan combine reserved raspberry juice, sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel.
6. Let it boil lowering heat and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
7. Stir in reserved raspberries and let it cool.
8. Cut cake into serving squares and place several peach slices on top of cake square.
9. Spoon raspberry sauce over peaches and cake.
Calories 563 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.6 mg0.2%
Sodium 261.5 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.9%
Sugars 61.5 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet