Date No Bake Fruit Cake
|Prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Date crunchies/Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cut up citron||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Chopped figs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Thick)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fine graham cracker crumbs||9 1⁄2 Cup (152 tbs)|
1) Soak prunes in cold water and boil for 5 minutes.
2) Drain water and make small pieces from prunes.
3) Pit the dates and chop finely.
4) Soak apricots in boiling water for 3 minutes.
5) Drain water and slice into strips.
6) Soak raisins in boiling water for 5 minutes.
7) Drain water.
8) Thinly sliver the citron.
9) In a bowl, add raisins, figs, dates, prunes, apricots, citron, walnuts, almonds, marmalade, and flavorings to combine thoroughly.
10) In a bowl, beat butter, honey and spices.
11) Fold in half the crumbs and mix well.
12) Combine the mixture with the fruit mixture and remaining crumbs. Blend thoroughly.
13) Use tube pans or casseroles to pour in batter.
14) Place inside refrigerator to chill the cake for 4-5 days.
15) Cut into slices before cutting.