Chocolate Lovelight Cake
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cake flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted before measuring|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Buttermilk/Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||4 Ounce, melted (2 Squares, 2 Ounces Each)|
1) Preheat oven to moderate (350° F).
2) Prepare two 9 x 1 1/2-inch round layer pans.
3) In a bowl, beat in egg whites until frothy.
4) Slowly add 1/2 cup of the sugar and keep on beating until it becomes stiff and glossy.
5) In another bowl, add remaining sugar, Hour, baking soda, and salt, and sift.
6) Pour in salad oil and half the buttermilk.
7) With an electric mixture beat the blend for 1 minute at medium speed. Alternately beat with a fork by giving 150 vigorous strokes. Frequently scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl constantly.
8) Pour in remaining buttermilk, egg yolks and chocolate. Beat for another minute by frequently scraping.
9) Fold in beaten egg whites.
10) Distribute the batter evenly in the prepared pans.
11) Place inside oven to bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
12) Allow to cool.
13) Before serving, frost with cocoa-flavored sweetened whipped cream.
Calories 906 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.7%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 661.7 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.9%
Sugars 75.4 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.8% Iron 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet