Honey Chocolate Cake
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), unbleached|
|Soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate square||3 , melted in 1/4 c. water|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl, sift flour, measure and sift again with dry ingredients.
3) In another bowl, whip butter by gradually adding honey.
4) Combine 1/2 c. flour with the liquid mixture by beating to smooth.
5) Add chocolate and eggs.
6) Add remaining flour alternately with water and vanilla.
7) Thoroughly combine by beating.
8) Use 2 greased 9-inch layer pans, to pour in batter.
9) Place inside oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
10) Decorate with chocolate sauce.
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.8 mg36.9%
Sodium 489.7 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.73 g2.9%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet