Fruit Cake Whole Wheat Flour
|Mixed citron||1⁄4 Pound (Orange And Lemon Peel)|
|Diced pineapple||1⁄4 Pound|
|Dried apricots||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hulled sunflower seeds/Chopped pecans/almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Concentrated orange juice/Other concentrated fruit juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Prepare all fruits in right way.
2) Wash the raisins and place in covered flat pan in 350° oven for several minutes.
3) Preheat oven at 300°.
4) Steam apricots and prunes to soft, finely chop the apricots and prunes.
5) In a bowl, add butter and sugar to cream.
6) Add eggs and beat in.
7) Separately, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and add to butter mixture alternately with fruit juice.
8) Fold in fruits and nuts.
9) Use 2 or 3 loaf or round cake pans, to line with greased brown paper.
10) Pour the batter in the prepared pans to almost full.
11) Place inside oven and bake for 3 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean.
12) Allow to cool.
13) Brush the cake with brandy.
14) Wrap with freezer paper and place inside refrigerator to store in covered, air-tight container.
15) Slice the cake to serve by garnishing with whipped cream or honey.