|Salmon||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Leftover mashed potatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Breadcrumbs/Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Into a large bowl add equal parts of mashed potato and the salmon, add the chopped onion, pepper, parsley and 1 egg and mix together well with a fork.
2. In a bowl beat up the other egg and dip spoonfuls of the fish mixture into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs or cornmeal.
3. In a frypan heat up the oil, put in the fishcakes and pat down.
4. Cook over medium heat until brown and crusty on both sides
5. Serve fishcakes with tomato ketchup or salsa.