|Salmon||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Leftover mashed potatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Breadcrumbs/Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Into a large bowl add equal parts of mashed potato and the salmon, add the chopped onion, pepper, parsley and 1 egg and mix together well with a fork.
2. In a bowl beat up the other egg and dip spoonfuls of the fish mixture into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs or cornmeal.
3. In a frypan heat up the oil, put in the fishcakes and pat down.
4. Cook over medium heat until brown and crusty on both sides
5. Serve fishcakes with tomato ketchup or salsa.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.5 mg48.2%
Sodium 156.1 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 18 g36.8%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet