Strawberry Tall Cake
|Angel food cake mix||15 Ounce|
|Port||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|California strawberries||2 Pint (fresh)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon|
1) Read the package directions and prepare the cake accordingly.
2) Slice the cake in half crosswise.
3) Over each layer, add 2 tablespoons port.
4) In a bowl, add cream and sugar, and the remaining wine and whip till stiff.
5) Crush 1 cup strawberries and fold into the cream mix.
6) Add the cream mix over the layers.
7) Add 1 cup of sliced strawberries onto 1 layer.
8) Place the other layer and top with the remaining strawberries.
9) Sprinkle with almonds.
10) Slice and serve.