Bavarois Au Citron
|Grated lemon rind||2|
|Boiling water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
1) In boiling water, steep grated rind and keep aside.
2) Soak gelatin in cold water for a few minutes.
3) Whip egg yolks till they become thick and lemon-colored and slowly beat in sugar until creamy.
4) Add this mixture to soaked rind and liquid and blend well.
5) Pour in fruit juices and season with salt.
6) Stir cook over hot water for about 15 minutes until thickened.
7) Add in soaked gelatin and stir until dissolved and chill.
8) Mix whipped cream with confectioners' sugar.
9) Add whipped cream mixture to the yolk mixture when it begins to set.
10) Again chill for several hours after putting in mold.
11) Unmold at serving time and garnish as wished.