|Self raising flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Butter/Half margarine half butter||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Cooking apples||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar/Demerara sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Grease and line a 20 cm / 8 inch cake tin, which should be at least 4 cm / 1 1/2 inches deep.
2. Sieve flour and salt.
3. Cream butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg and fold in flour and salt.
5. Using a lightly-floured board, gently pat or roll out three-quarters of the mixture and fit it into prepared tin.
6. Peel, core and slice apples and squeeze lemon juice over to keep their color.
7. Arrange overlapping slices on the cake mixture.
8. Heat jam and brush it over apples.
9. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of sugar.
10. Take small pieces of the remaining mixture, roll info strips with floured hands and arrange a lattice pattern over the apples.
11. Let it bake above middle of a warm oven, Gas 3, 325°F, 160°C, for 1 hour.
12. Take cake out of tin on to a wire rack to cool.