Chocolate Marble Cake
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||2 Ounce, melted (Two 1 Ounce Pieces)|
1) In a mixing bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to mix.
2) Keep a well in the center of the flour mixture.
3) Add in order oil, egg yolks, cold water, and vanilla.
4) Beat the mixture till smooth.
5) Take another bowl and egg whites and cream of tartar in it till it forms a stiff peak.
6) Gently fold in yolk mixture in thin stream over entire surface of egg whites and blend.
7) Keep one-third of batter in another bowl.
8) Mix boiling water, sugar, and chocolate.
9) Add gently to the smaller portion of batter.
10) In an ungreased 10-inch tube pan spoon half the light batter into top with half the chocolate batter.
11) Repeat making layers till all mixture is consumed.
12) Taking a narrow spatula swirl gently through batters to marble.
13) Place in oven and bake at 325° for 55 minutes.
14) Reverse and cool.
15) Chill the cake with Choco-Cream Frosting.
16) Serve chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4285 Calories from Fat 1548
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 175 g269.9%
Saturated Fat 33.5 g167.7%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 1295.6 mg431.9%
Sodium 3534.7 mg147.3%
Total Carbohydrates 625 g208.3%
Dietary Fiber 44.3 g177.1%
Sugars 332.9 g
Protein 93 g185.1%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 155.6% Iron 81.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet